人际关系
人际关系

我们知道,人既然是社会动物,就需要和其他人打交道。在一个公司里,你肯定要同某些人打交道,你得处理好各种各样的关系 ---与上级的关系,与下级的关系,与男同事的关系,与女同事的关系。你能否成功顺利,一方面取决於你是否有真实才干,另一方面也取决於你是否能够处理好种种人际关系。处理得当,你会左右逢源,不战而胜;处理不当,你会四处碰壁,不战而败。

由於历史和文化背景的不同,东方人和西方人在处理人际关系上所持的态度及所采取的方法也各不相同。

在东方有 "真心"和"原则"的分别 。要想发展圆满的人际关系,应该尽量抑制真心,例如对上司的不满应该藏在肚子里,尽量忍耐(而通过与同事闲聊或借酒抒发)。西方人则不一样。他们互相尽力将所想或想说的事(包括不满)坦诚地传达给对方,以 say what you mean and mean what you say (说出你的真意,并以所说为真意) 作为沟通的大原则。所想的事不说出来,忍耐不满,便会产生负面效果。

我们不能说这两种处理人际关系的态度哪种更高明些,是 东方的含蓄还是西方的开诚布公 ,两种方法都是为了一个目的----使人与人之间的关系更和谐美满。也许真理存在於两者之间。


以下是一些句子,不管是赞扬还是贬低,是挖苦还是奉承,它们或多或少可以反映你我在日常工作中是如何处理人际关系的:

1. You're chattering like a flock of magpies. Stop talking and do your work.
( 你们喳喳真吵死人。别说了,干你们的活。 )

2. These youngsters here haven't even learned how to peel a potato.
Who in the heck raised them, anyway?
( 这里的年轻人连最简单的事情都不会做。他们到底是什麽样的人教养的呢? )

3. They simply haven't learned how to talk to superiors.
( 他们简直没有学会该怎样和上司讲话。 )

4. Instead of recognizing their own inability to get the job done right,
they turn to complaining endlessly.
( 他们不承认自己没有能力作好事情,反而抱怨不断。 )

5. Don't keep yapping back at me when you don't really know the entire picture.
( 不知道整个真实情况你就别对我哇啦哇啦叫个不停。 )

6. He made the women work overtime, but he went home right after five. That's not fair.
( 他让女士加班,自己却五点一到就回家。那是不公平的。 )

7. He is very hard on others but not at all on himself.
( 他对人很严格,但对他自己却完全不是这麽一回事。 )

8. I wish he'd put more trust in us.
( 我希望他再多信任我们一点。 )

9. I hate female bosses ---- they're so picky.
( 我讨厌女性上司,她们太会吹毛求疵。 )

10. She is so touchy about everything! I just can't take all her twisted old maid notions.
( 她对什麽都容易生气!我真是无法忍受她那偏执的老处女脾气。 )

11. I'm caught in that tough spot between the administration and the rank-and-file. I tell you it's rough being in the middle management.
( 我夹在管理阶层和基层员工之间,两头为难。做中间管理工作实在够苦的。 )

12. Boy! Once he sets his mind to do something, he really goes at it full steam! I've come to see him in a whole new light.
( 好家伙!他一旦决心做某事,他是真正全力以赴。我对他有全新的看法了。 )

13. I'd really like to ask Miss White out to lunch, but I don't know what I 'd do, if she turned me down.
( 我真想请怀特小姐出去吃午餐,但如果被拒绝,不知该怎麽办。 )

14. He made it in the world through sheer flattery --- I'll be darn. It's just not right.
( 他完全靠拍马屁出人头地 ---- 真可恶。那很不应该。 )

15. If you've got something to tell me, I want you to tell it to me directly, to my face.
( 如果你有些什麽事要告诉我,我希望你当面讲。 )

16. I'm afraid I don't have the guts to go up to the boss and tell him what I ought to.
( 我想我没有胆量去找老板并告诉他我该说的话。 )

 

 

练习

1. I'm caught in that tough spot between the administration and _______.
(我夹在管理阶层和基层员工之间,两头为难。)
A. the up-and-down
B. the rank-and-file
C. the rank-and-bank
D. left-and-right

2. I'd really like to ask Miss White out to lunch, but I don't know what I 'd do if she ___ me ___.
(我真想请怀特小姐出去吃午餐,但如果被拒绝,不知该怎麽办。)
A. put...down
B. put...up
C. turned...down
D. turned...up

3. You're chattering like a flock of _____. Stop talking!
(你们喳喳真吵死人。别说了!)
A. chickens
B. ducks
C. crows
D. magpies

点击查看答案
KEY:B,C